Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas

Ho ho ho. It's Christmas everybody! I am filled with Christmas cheer (and a lot of snot).

Christmas has got to be my favourite time of the year. Celebrating religious festivals when you're an atheist is great - you can dispense with all that god stuff and just have a good old knees up. And I love the fact that shops put out their Xmas stock in October. Why not? I would have the whole of Oxford Street covered in tinsel all year if I had my way.

I have visions of myself in twenty years time with giant plastic reindeer on my roof and fake snow in my garden. I'll have knitted little Father Christmas hats for all the garden gnomes (of which I will have several) and will be wearing reindeer antlers and comedy flashing earings.

And I like that image.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I'm glad to see someone else who doesn't have the yoke of religion around thier neck. Good for you Meg! Try celebrating the Solstice, you can do what you want. Cheers!

I'm Over The Moon said...

yay Joe too! My husband and i are Pagan, so we had Yule at my mother in law's, then Xmas at my mum's. Mind you they're not exactly Christian, so it was all green stuff, food and booze!