Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Carry On Nurse

So, the government are thinking of establishing a two-tier NHS scheme. This basically means that if you approach your hospital with a brown envelope of cash, you'll suddenly find yourself first on the list for chemotherapy. Well, maybe the details will vary slightly, but that's essentially the point of the scheme.

Some people might label that as corruption made visible. Some may ask what is the point of the welfare state. Some could even question whether it's a Labour government we (and that's 'we' in the widest sense of course) elected recently.

But not me. Oh no. I'm currently emptying my jar of pennies into a brown envelope in readiness for senile dementia.

2 comments:

Pepps said...

I intend to die young and leave my pennies (both of them) to someone else, rather than plague the health service with my ageing bod and mind...

David said...

Well, I've warned both my kids not to expect much when I curl up my toes. "If there's anything left over when I'm gone, I was saving up for something."