Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tomorrow... is another day!


I'm getting married in the morning. Last time I could legitimately say that, I was dressed in a bonnet and in my school play. And, admitedly, I sang it rather than said it.

I feel a mixture of excitement and a feeling akin to a small rat nibbling on my innards. I don't really know what I'm nervous about, because the nervousness currently covers about everything: Simon not turning up, me not turning up, registrar not turning up, fainting / crying / getting a migraine, spilling kir royal down my white dress, having a fight with someone, breaking my ankle by wearing stupid shoes and a stupid dress, being made up to look like a drag queen, no-one turning up, being attacked by killer bees, getting food poisoning from my carefully chosen wedding breakfast...

The fainting one is probably the most likely because it's apparently going to be 29 degrees and the corset in my dress is so tight that my internal organs get re-arranged, and I can only breathe in short panting breaths like a pervert.

Anyway, I still have so much organising to do (and apparently there's this thing on the telly called the World Cup) so I'd better go.

I will post again once I am officially a Missus and am back from my honeymoon in Paris.

4 comments:

Val said...

Congratulations, Meg!

Pepps said...

Hope you're having a great day dude!
Er, but when you actually read this, um, hope you 'had' a great day!

Shizue said...

You looked georgeous Meg. However, you do realise that your Dad and myself firmly believe you had a unicycle hidden underneath that hoop of yours. Frankly the way you glided averywhere was eerie.

I'm Over The Moon said...

oh stop making a fuss, corsets aren't that bad! You've not had it tight enough, that's your trouble. one needs to go through the pain barrier to find the sweet spot tightness wise where it's so suppostive that you could go to sleep sitting bolt upright.
FYI you will never be allowed to forget the fanfare!