Friday, April 07, 2006

Last week, this week

Last week I was in Portugal. Last week I had a suntan. Last week I got up late, went for a walk by the sea, ate fresh fish and local vegetables, frolicked in the pool, ate ice-cream and went to bed. Last week the biggest decision I had to make was which factor suncream to wear.

This week it's cold. I have my period. I had a job interview on Monday and found out I hadn't got in on Wednesday. I was stuck on the Victoria line for an hour. My shower broke and I don't have enough money to fix it.

The first person to invent a time machine wins a biscuit.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Too bad! Well you've got the bank hols to look forward to! At least you got a job interview - last job I applied for I didn't even get that far!! What did you apply for?

meg said...

It was in the same section as I'm in now. It was all a bit crappy really because my interview feedback was good which means it's probably a case of my face not fitting. Bit worrying seeing as it was for the team I currently work for! Oh well.

I'm Over The Moon said...

could be worse, i've been doing this job for six months and i still haven't got it yet!

David said...

Custard Cream?

meg said...

If you invent a time machine by the end of the week you can have a custard cream AND a bourbon. You can't say fairer than that.

Pepps said...

Er, "fairer than thaghhhtphhhth". Nope you're right.

David said...

Well that works then. All I have to do is invent the time machine at SOME time in my life and then travel back to last week to claim my biscuity reward! Bwaa ha ha! Mine! All Mine!