Saturday, March 26, 2005

Bob Johnson

Ah, Bob... This is a little oasis of calm in my blog which is devoted to the wonders of Bob Johnson.



When I lived in Yorkshire, Bob Johnson kept us all entertained with his two minute weather slot at the end of the news on Tyne Tees Television (which, by the way, has to be pronounced with a northern accent even in your head).

Bob is the epitome of everything you'd want in a favourite uncle and more. He's got that kindly, northern thing going on and uses words that I swear nobody's used for at least a hundred years. Southerners might have thunderstorms, but in Tyne Tees land they're "thunderplumps". The region also apparently suffers from "skitey bits" although we never managed to work out what they were.

So hats off to Bob, the thing I miss most now I live dahn Sahf.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was Bob Johnson the camp weatherman on Look North?

I'm Over The Moon said...

Camp camp or camp for the North?

Anonymous said...

Just camp enough to make you wonder. So I guess I mean, 'Camp for the north'. He used to get picked on by the news reader who would make very subtley snide comments about his campness.

meg said...

Not camp at all I'm afraid. He wasn't on Look North anyway, he was on Tyne Tees Television which was the ITV version. (I did try attaching a picture of him to my post but I obviously failed miserably).

Pepps said...

Hey who's in the house of shoes???

Mail me my pointy-shoed colleague!

I'm Over The Moon said...

ahhhh! he's lovely!

Anonymous said...

I think the information i have read here has been really useful, as i know a few friends who suffereye migraineand one thing that has helped a couple of them is a Bioflow. They purchased them at eye migraine. It hasn't worked for all of them, but has completely eradicated the problem for one of them, and made the eye migraine much more bearable for the other. It might be worth a look

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **shirt** site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)