Sunday, February 04, 2007

Shell shocked

Yesterday I saw The Last King of Scotland at the cinema. It's a very good film but was one of those ones which leaves you feeling really anxious afterwards. So my husband, in his infinite wisdom, decided that the best thing to do was to go home and watch Dawn of the Dead. Oh my god. I had the strangest dreams last night of being attacked by zombies sent by the president of Uganda.
Today I'm going to stay in my pyjamas and watch Ice Age with my teddy bear until balance is once again restored in the Meg household.

4 comments:

I'm Over The Moon said...

if you've gotr Ice Age, have you got the one where Eddie Izzard palys a Koala? cos if so my bear, my cow, and my husband's bear and I would like to borrow that for our next duvet day. You will then be owed a normal gin to go with the at least one very large one you have already earned...

Shizue said...

I was going to watch TLKOS. Unfortunately, having seen some clips I don't think I can get past Forest Whittaker's accent. It seems to be like something out of the Goon Show. Should I still go see it?

Our bunch all saw Notes on a Scandal yesterday. At one creepy eroticised stroky bit, Linz cringed so much she physically disappeared in her coat and started whimpering. The scary thing is, the Judi Dench character is worryingly like a couple of our WCHS teachers (Mrs H, and the old maths witch that made me stand in the corner and laughed when she heard that Simta got run over). Recommended.

meg said...

Forest Whittaker's accent is fantastic and much fun to use in the height of an argument. I really want to see Notes on a Scandal but 'im indoors doesn't want to. Maybe I should take some sisters.

And moon - we taped ice age off the telly and I'm not sure we have it any more. Eddie Izzard as a koala?? Maybe that's Ice Age 2, because it doesn't ring a bell.

Anonymous said...

I loved Mr Whittaker's accent. When I now do something I wasn't supposed to do I can now exclaim loudly, "But yoo should have con-vinced me!"
Never covered what had happened in Uganda under Amin. This goes to show my school was rubbish. Have now brushed up on my political knowledge. Shame on the educational system!

Simon